Sunday 4 March 2012

SETTING UP THE TEST OF U.P.S


SETTING UP THE TEST.


For my test application I rigged up the two PC’s, the ADSL Router, the wireless router, a 19” widescreen LCD monitor, a 17” CRT monitor, and the 4-in-1 laser printer.
The computer that connects to the 19” LCD monitor runs with an AMD 64 3000 chip at 2GHz, 1GB RAM, a Radeon X800 graphics card, two 80GB hard-drives and two CD/DVD drives. Along with the standard keyboard and optical mouse, it also has the laser printer plugged into it.
The second computer connects to the 17” CRT and hosts an AMD 64 3500 at 2.2GHz, 1GB RAM, an Nvidia 7800GT graphics card, a single 80GB hard-drive and one CD/DVD drive. The standard keyboard and optical mouse completes the roundup.
I run Folding@Home on both computers, so the CPU’s are already running at 100 percent capacity. To put extra strain on the setup, I got my son to play a succession of FPS games on the second rig and I printed out 20 pages of full page print, pictures, and spreadsheets from various files on the first computer. Then for good measure, I downloaded a huge game demo file from the computer farthest away from the wireless router (about 30 feet) to make sure it was working hard too. The rest of the uptime was spent playing an FPS LAN on the two computers.
At this stage it must be noted that the Inverex 1000 comes with deep discharge, overcharge, and overload protection, so under normal operating conditions there should be no fears of overloading the system. I was about to see if it could handle what I threw at it.

No comments: